The My Year of Italian Cooking Manifesto:
- To cook as many Italian dishes as possible. Ideally, one per week but I’ll give myself some wiggle room. Appetizers, sides, entrees, desserts, drinks, and more!
- To go beyond typical Italian-American favorites (carbonara, lasagne, chicken parmigiana) and learn more about Old World classics from different Italian regions.
- To cook seasonally and locally.
- To stay within our pre-established monthly grocery budget. This may mean cutting corners, avoiding specialty ingredients, and not always cooking from scratch.
- To modify, experiment, and innovate!
- To explore the intersections of food, family, history, and culture.
- To prepare my mind and taste buds for a trip to Italy with my husband – hopefully in 2016 to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary!